Ive got a true obsession with these golden ginger biscuits I love making and eating them, and this recipe makes a fair amount it does all depend how big you want them. Perfect to put in your pocket for a little snack on the puppy walks :).
- 100g butter
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 350g self raising flour
- 100g demerara sugar
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 1 level tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 large egg beaten
- Pre heat the oven to 160’c/Fan 140′ gas 3
- Line two to three baking trays with parchment paper and put to one side.
- Measure the butter and syrup into a small pan and heat gently till melted.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl, then add the melted butter mix and egg to the dry mix give a good stir till starts to come together then use your hands to bring the mix together. Then make walnut size balls from the dough and place them on your trays spaced out evenly.
- Put in the oven for 8 mins then take out of the oven and bang the tray on the side to knock the air out and using a palate knife flatten them slightly then put back into the oven for a further 7 mins then when ready they will look golden and cracked place on a wire rack to cool and go hard.
By Claire Smith
Adapted from The Baking Bible Mary Berry