I love my new book Mary Berry Cook Now Eat Later which I got for christmas I’ve made a few recipes from it now but this recipe I’ve made a few times now I’ve changed flavours a few times too but all in all this is a great biscuit recipe one I will use all the time.
Orange chocolate shortbread
- 6oz butter
- 3oz caster sugar
- 6oz plain flour
- 3oz corn flour
- 4oz chocolate terry orange or if you want to add any other favourite chocolate
- Start by lining two trays with baking paper and preheat the oven to 180’c
- Measure the butter and sugar into a food processor and mix still soft. Add the flour and cornflour and continue to mix till you get breadcrumb like texture,take the blade out and add your chopped chocolate and give a good mix to combine.
- Now shape the biscuit dough into 20 even size balls then flatten each one with a folk.
- Bake in the preheated oven for around 15-20 mins, when they look golden round the edges, allow them to cool a little before you transfer to a wire rack.
- Then the best bit stick the kettle on and have them with your favourite hot drink or if your like my Ellie dip them in milk. 🙂
By Claire Smith
Adapted from Mary Berry