- 225g self raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 90g unsalted butter or stork baking butter
- grated zest of 1 are lemon or 2 small lemons
- 1 large egg
- 90g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 50g chopped white chocolate if using chocolate drops use 100g
- Pre heat Your oven to 180’c gas mark 4 and line 2 baking sheets with baking paper and place to one side,
- Sift the flour & salt into a large mixing bowl along with the butter and rub with your fingertips till you get a breadcrumb mixture, you can do it in your food processor if easier.
- add the lemon zest,sugar, egg and milk and mix well till all combined then stir in the white chocolate,
- Using a desert spoon use this to get the mixture onto the trays as the mix is a little wet if you want neat round balls put some flour on your hands and make round balls, but I quiet like the quirkiness of the uneven mounds. Once you have placed as many as you can fit on you’re baking tray usually around 9 – 12.
- Put them in the oven for 15-20 mins or until golden once cooked allow to cool on a wire rack
By Claire Smith
Adapted from Miranda Gore Browne (Bake me a cake as fast as you can)