I love this no matter what the weather is theres just something about it, Comfort food at its best,
This is a huge favourite with my lot and theres always empty plates.
You can put creamy mash or rice with it either way its always a winner.
- 8 sausages
- 1tbsp oil
- 1 large onions sliced
- halve a garlic clove finely chopped
- 400ml tomatos chopped (Tin)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 400 ml beef stock
- salt and pepper
- Parsley to serve
- mash potatoes or rice whichever you’re using
- Pour the oil into a large pan and fry the onions and garlic gently till soft and golden then add the paprika give it a good stir.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, tomatoes and brown sugar give it a good stir then add the beef stock and a good pinch of salt and pepper Mix altogether and then transfer to a casserole pot along with your sausages and cover with a lid and cook in a preheated oven at 180’c for 1 – 2 hours whilst your casserole is cooking prepare your potatoes for mash or rice however you normally do it.
By Claire Smith