There’s something about these yummy biscuits they go so well with a morning coffee to a lunch box snack.
Ellie made these for the first time for pack ups this week. (she’s got the baking bug )
- 6oz Plain flour
- 3/4 level tea spoon dry mustard powder
- 3/4 level tea spoon salt
- 3oz butter
- 6oz grated cheese
- 2 large eggs beaten
- sesame seeds for sprinkling
- Pre heat the oven to 180’c line 2 baking trays with parchment paper or lightly grease.
- sieve the flour into the bowl along with salt and mustard powder then add the butter and using your fingertips rub together till the mix looks like breadcrumbs
- Then add your cheese and stir altogether.
- Add your beaten eggs leaving a tablespoon of the mixture for later.
- bring your mixture altogether either in a food processor or with your hands till you form a dough ball then wrap in some cling film and pop in the fridge for 15 mins.
- Once chilled pick your cutter I used a small one you choose what size you want your biscuits, then roll your dough on a floured surface to the thickness of about 5 mm 1/4 inch
- place them on your prepared trays and brush with the remaining egg and sprinkle on some sesame seeds bake them for around 10 mins or until golden then transfer them to a cooling rack.
By Claire Smith
Adapted from Mary Berry