I love tea breads and this is perfect with a cup of tea or snack in the kids pack ups a real lift plus you have fruit so part of your five a day.
Apricot & Sultana Tea Bread
- 150g butter chilled and cut into cubes
- 225g self raising flour
- 100g caster sugar
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 100g sultanas
- 100g dried apricots chopped small
- 150ml milk
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180’c fan 160’c gas mark 4
- line a loaf tin with baking parchment
- Rub the flour and butter together till forms breadcrumbs, then add the sugar, seeds sultanas and apricots. Stir until evenly mixed.
- In a jug add the milk and eggs and beat till combined then add to the dry mixture and stir well. Pour into the tin and bake in the oven for around 50 mins to an hour, keep checking and using a skewer, insert into the loaf. If clean you know its done keep an eye so it does not burn on the top if so pop a little foil on whilst you continue to bake.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack and then serve with your favourite tea.