Ellie’s turn to cook tonight which I will let her tell you all about it
First heres what you need
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 oz butter
- 10 sausages or how many you normally eat
- 1 lb red onions sliced
- 2 large white onions sliced
- 8 fl oz red wine
- 2 fl oz red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- salt and pepper
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Pre heat the oven to 200c/fan 180c/Gas 6
- Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan and brown the sausages evenly once done remove from the pan and place them on some kitchen paper to drain.
- Pour off excess fat so that you leave around 2 tbsp in the frying pan then add your onions, cook gently stirring every now and then, this will take around 15 mins.
- Add the wine,red vinegar and sugar and season with salt and pepper and give a good stir bring to the boiler a few minutes then transfer to an oven proof dish, place your sausages on top of the onions in a single layer, Place in the oven uncovered for 45 mins stirring occasionally.
- Serve with your favourite mash and scatter with parsley.
A few word’s from Ellie
Dear food lovers…
My turn to cook I chose a meal out of Mary Berry new book which is Cook Now Eat Later, I started to flick through all of the scrumptious meals it was so hard to choose just one then I spotted a yummy one it was baked sausages with Onion Marmalade although it sounds simple and not enough. But we added some mash potato to it.
The exciting bit now, I’m finally on to cooking my meal yay…
I’m a wimp, you heard me right don’t be ashamed to call me one as I know I am I couldn’t peel or cut a potato and to add it into the mix I couldn’t cut onions but in my defence who can, at my age I’m learning. It was also a matter of my eyes watering. During this I was laughing as I’m 10 years old and I cant cut or peel a single onion or potato. Thats me out of being a chef lol…
I really enjoyed cooking again as I loved doing it last time it was a good experience to have although the best part and strongest part would have to be taking a selfie and EATING it , it was extremely yummy and fun.
Thank you fro reading my evaluation and I strongly recommend this meal to 10 and over as there are some tricky cutting and peeling and burning ,make sure Your with a responsible adult!